Sunday, February 21, 2021
Students interested in the Robert McDuffie Center for Strings must also apply to and be accepted by Mercer University before they can be accepted to the Center.
To apply to the University as an undergraduate, click here.
To apply to the Artist Diploma (graduate) program, click here.
Repertoire List for Audition
- Two contrasting movements of solo Bach
- A concerto movement
- An etude/caprice of your choice (for bass choose three orchestral excerpts from the standard orchestral literature in place of an etude)
Application Process and Requirements
- Complete the online Audition Application Form (Alternatively, by contacting Singer_LR@mercer.edu)
- Short essay describing your goals in studying music (approximately 500 words)
- One letter of recommendation
- Repertoire list
- Pre-screening video with one piece of applicant's choice that best demonstrates the level of playing. YouTube or other online video preferred.
Completed Application and Materials must be emailed to Singer_LR@mercer.edu no later than January 17, 2021.
Assignment of audition times will be determined by receipt of pre-screening video/materials.
Applicants who complete an audition will be notified of the Center’s acceptance decision by April 15, 2021.