Sunday, February 10, 2019
Students interested in the Robert McDuffie Center for Strings must also apply to and be accepted by Mercer University before they can be accepted to the Center.
To apply to the University as an undergraduate, click here.
To apply to the Artist Diploma (graduate) program, click here.
Repertoire List for Audition
- Two contrasting movements of solo Bach
- A concerto movement
- An etude/caprice of your choice
Application Process and Requirements
- Complete the online Audition Application Form
(Alternatively, by contacting email@example.com, you may request a PDF form to print and mail-in.)
- Short essay describing your goals in studying music (approximately 500 words)
- One letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope, plus this teacher's recommendation form (PDF)
- Repertoire list
- Pre-screening video with one piece of applicant's choice that best demonstrates the level of playing. YouTube or other online video preferred.
Completed Application and Materials must be received no later than January 12, 2019.
Address for mailed-in materials:
Robert McDuffie Center for Strings
Townsend School of Music
1501 Mercer University Drive
Macon, Georgia 31207
Assignment of audition times will be determined by receipt of pre-screening video/materials.
Applicants who complete an audition will be notified of the Center’s acceptance decision by April 15, 2019.